Friday, September 01, 2006

The Wait

So here I am, it's about 10am, and the funeral I'm about to perform begins at 11am. It would be silly to go over there now. Besides, I'd better much on this "nutrition" bar that likely has too much sodium in it so my blood sugar doesn't crash at graveside. I kinda wish I had a toothbrush now, but I guess not passing out next to an open grave is more important than dental hygiene today.

I'm nervous.

It's a perfectly normal reaction to performing/public speaking, nothing debilitating or anything. It's just this one hour, really. It's the waiting that gets you.

I think I'll go read through the service one more time. I'll post again later, in celebration of September. Heck, by the time you read this, you may already be seeing what I have planned for the beginning of fall!

Be patient.
Rev. Josh
090106

No comments: