Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Morning! (Early)

Good Morning! Happy Easter! He is risen!

Yesterday was a long day, but a good day. I performed my first wedding in the morning, and then in the evening we got another call from Kristy. She'd made some jewelry for Jenny (a belated wedding present) and wanted us to come out to get it. So here I am in the parking lot of a mall, getting my picture taken with Kristy. (Yes, this is normal for us.)

If you want to see the jewelry, you'll have to go visit my wife.


Now, on a normal morning, even a normal Sunday morning, I'd be dragging my half-asleep butt around the apartment, eating breakfast and getting ready right about now. But not on Easter! No sir! Easter is for getting up before the sun, watching it rise, and worshiping in the outdoor air!

The service was well attended and I thought it went really well, even if I do say so myself. Everyone seemed to enjoy my sermon, although I need to give credit where it is due. I preached over a piece by Martin Bell entitled "Wood and Nails and Colored Eggs," which was published in The Way of the Wolf. I can't speak highly enough of Bell's' work. It's really good stuff.

Well, two more services, and then some time to be unconscious.
God loves ya,
Be good to each other.
Rev. Josh
041606

No comments: