Thursday, April 06, 2006

This is my very first post. I'm excited to get started, so many ideas flooding my brain, so much excitement... but I am getting ahead of myself. First, perhaps, an explanation of my blog's name. I thought it would be fun, and unique, to name my blog for several of the things I am (and love). I am an Associate Pastor in a UCC Congregational Church. I work in Christian Education, with Youth, I visit shut-ins, I preach, I teach, I make Julianne fries (not really). I love fantasy (hence the Dragon of my title) and science fiction (hence my Hyperdrive). I get really excited about the interaction of religion and spirituality and popular culture. And as I am of the generation with whom computers grew up (No, that's not a mistake. Computers grew up with me. In elementary school we were playing with Apple II computers, with those huge floppy disks that were actually floppy... but I digress.) this blog is a natural extension of my interest in that interaction. I have a lot to learn about blogging, and hopefully this site will get a lot prettier as time goes by--but for now, this is it!

Rev Josh
040606

No comments: