Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mr. Popularity

Have you ever seen the hallways
as a sickening toxic zone
that must be traversed
in fear, surrounded but alone?

Do your shoulders clench
waiting for the blows
as cries of “Faggot!”
cut through the hallway’s noise?

Hey, Mr. Popularity, what do you know?

Have you ever disappeared
inside of your own head
and hope that they can’t get you
if you strangle your own dread?

Have you ever prayed your God for some kind of release?
Or sworn you would do anything for just a moment’s peace?
Hey, Mr. Popularity, can you feel it all increase?

I’m sure you have your problems
but I’m not sure I can care
when my world seems filled with nothing
but harsh words and violent stares
and my whole body clenches, waiting for the blows, as cries of
Faggot!
cut through the hallway’s noise

Hey, Mr. Popularity,
what do you know?


Be good to each other,
Rev. Josh
081706

No comments: