Thursday, May 18, 2006

How May I Help You?

So, I've been thinking about something a member of my church said to me the other day. He said he'd been on my blog, so of course I asked him what he thought about it. Now, I'm condensing quite a bit, but mostly he said that he became aware of a generation gap between myself and his self, and that he didn't understand everything I was writing.

Now, I wish that I'd asked him what he wasn't getting, so that I could explain myself better. I like to think that I communicate well, that I can translate role-playing-sci-fi-reading geek language into the language of the masses. But maybe I'm missing something? I've been assuming that if you're computer savvy enough to find my blog that you know how a LINK
works, but maybe I'm missing something?

So here's the thing. I know you've been coming, the hit counter goes up much more than my wife is checking my site--but you haven't been leaving me comments, by and large. I'm pretty sure that I have the blog set up such that anybody can leave a comment, so... two things. How to leave a comment. Simply click on the link underneath the post that says "comments," from there you ought to be able to follow the directions blogger gives you. Secondly, please know that this is a safe place to say whatever you feel. I might respond to you, but I'm not going to judge you.

So comment away, won't you?

And speaking of links, check out 144 Inches of I-Cord. Jenny found this post and read it to me, and I thought that it not only was cool, but that it was also a great crossover for here! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it when I have time, as does the little Jaina kitty on my lap!!!=D

Rev. Josh said...

Yay kitty! I know people have been reading it, the hit counter obviously goes up. But I hope that if something strikes someone, or if something doesn't make sense, that they would take the time to drop me a comment...

Anonymous said...

I surfed over from your wife's blog and just had to leave a comment, since you invited me to do so.

So hello from your wife's secret dye pal (she taught me to wear gloves while dying) and say, do you read wilwheaton.net? Oh, is my inner geek showing? ;) I think you'd enjoy it.

-Dye-O-Rama Secret Pal.

Rev. Josh said...

Wow, thanks for reminding me of Will. I've read his book but oddly enough had not been frequenting his blog. That simply has to change. Maybe I'll go blog about it...