Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm Sorry...

I've been bad. I know that I have. And I'm sorry. I know that you've been coming to look at my blog. The hit counter goes up and everything. And yet I haven't posted in over a week.

I'm sorry!

I was talking with someone recently who told me that she'd been journaling every day. And isn't that how blogging started? After all, blog is short for Web Log... well, I guess technically blog is a real word all by itself, but that's the origin of the word.

But I digress.

I have all these grandiose plans for this blog, and so when time gets short, it falls by the wayside. And that's not good. I'll write that post later, after I've had the time to learn what backlinks are. For now, I'll write this post.

So, as long as I'm being all apologetic, I may as well share with you a piece of advice that I give out that I haven't followed myself for a while. Always carry a small notebook on you. I first came to this conclusion in college, in reaction to some research I was doing on Jonathan Edwards. Apparently he was in the habit of riding his horse through the New England countryside to have some alone time--to think and to pray--to meditate, if you will. Well, when a good thought came along, he'd jot it down on a scrap of parchment and pin it to his coat. It wasn't an uncommon sight to find him riding through the countryside with his coat all a-flutter with many scraps of parchment!

I figure if he can do that, we can carry a little notebook around with us. Try it out, see what you think. Jot down things that strike you, use it to make your grocery list, whatever... the point is to carry it.

And while you're doing that, I'm going to go find myself a little notebook.

Be good to each other,
Rev. Josh
050306

PS Don't forget your pen!

No comments: