Tuesday, May 23, 2006

No Posts Since Thursday!!?

And this coming from someone who knew where I'd been all weekend... sigh... Well, for those of you who don't know, I was on a youth group retreat to Silver Lake Conference Center, which is one of the best places on earth. Seriously. I can honestly say, as I'm sure many UCC pastors can, that Silver Lake was a big part of my coming to an understanding of my calling. I could wax poetic about the people I know from there, and the times I've had... but I'll do that sometime when I'm less sleep deprived. Instead... I want to talk about Will Wheaton.

That kid from Stand By Me, you ask? That kid from Star Trek, the one that everyone hated? That Will Wheaton?

Yes, that Will Wheaton. (Not everyone hated his character from Star Trek, though, I kinda liked Wesley Crusher.)

What's that? Why would I want to talk about Will Wheaton?

Well, because even though my wife got me into blogging through her own blog, Will Wheaton was the reason I knew what blogging even was. I read his book, Just A Geek, and it opened my eyes to the creative realm of the web log. And it was a darn good read. Maybe I'm wrong, or at least biased, but I think that even non-geeks might be able to appreciate what Will Wheaton has gone through over the years--and maybe even get a little inspired by his ability to overcome and adapt. He's an adult child actor who hasn't gone the way of River Phoenix, or the Coreys, and that should be enough to capture anyone's interest, or at least respect.

Anyway, check out his blog, er, his back up blog, I guess. Anyway, go here and see what you find. Try it, you might like it. Oh wait, maybe you should go here first, as Will has left a link for newbies. Enjoy!

Be good to each other,
Rev. Josh
052306

No comments: