Thursday, June 01, 2006

FYI

Several things have come to my attention today, the most pressing (read, "late") is that the National Council of Churches has asked that today be a day for all faithful people to join in prayer as the Gulf Coast readies itself for the hurricane season. The UCC reported on it here.

So stop what you're doing, and have a chat with God about it, ok?

No, really, I'll wait.

Waiting...

OK, done? Then let's move on.

A member of our congregation recently went through a bilateral masectomy. Those of you faithful readers who are members of my congregation probably know who I'm talking about. If you want to know how she's doing, go here. What a great idea, huh? This way everyone can see how she's doing, but she can pace herself... if she's too tired for the attention of well-wishers, she can just turn off the computer for a while!

Finally, I'd like to go back to Jack for a sec. OK, so he'll probably be a reoccuring theme, cause I strongly disagree with almost anything that comes out of that man's mouth, but anyway... He calls video games "murder simulators" and blames them for all kinds of violence. I have already argued (a) that video games are a rapidly evolving art form and should enjoy the same rights and privilages of novels, movies, and television (b) that not all video games are appropriate to all ages, maturity levels, or abilities to separate fantasy from reality and (c) that it should be the responsibility of parents to make sure that their children aren't being exposed to materials they aren't equipped to deal appropriately with. (Incidentally, I can't believe that no-one has commented on any of this... not even a raised eyebrow to the pastor playing Halo... is no news good news?) Anyway, here's a little something that dovetails into the conversation, er monolog (I really wouldn't mind it being a conversation, honest!)

So, I was going to go from here to all my thoughts and feelings on the Columbine High School Massacre, but... that's be a huge post, and, quite frankly, I don't have the emotional energy today. So, something to look forward to.(?)

Be good to each other,
Rev. Josh
060106

No comments: